Harrison Kowiak tragically died as a result of hazing in college. Harrison’s family (Lianne, Brian, and Emma) offer the Harrison Kowiak Annual Scholarship, for individual(s) interested in hazing prevention to attend the Hazing Prevention Institute. The scholarship includes two nights’ hotel accommodations, a travel stipend up to $500 and the event registration fee.
- Must be a Professional or a Graduate Student or Graduating College Senior
- If you are a student you must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- You must list two references and their contact information
- Describe why you want to attend the Institute or NHPW SOS Program:
- In 500 words or less, describe why you want to attend the Institute and why you should be the recipient of the scholarship. Include what you intend to do with the content you learn, how you will measure success, and how you will be able to implement hazing prevention and sustain your ideas/model over the next two years. (you will paste this into the application)
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 2023 deadline to be announced.
Make a donation
Lianne Kowiak speaks at various colleges and conferences sharing Harrison’s story and the dangers of hazing. In lieu of any speaker’s fees, she requests for a donation in Harrison’s name be sent to Hazing Prevention Network to go towards the scholarship.