How to Report Hazing

What do you do if you or someone you know has been hazed or is involved in hazing?

If someone is injured, in danger of being injured or doing something illegal, call 911 immediately. Don’t wait, this action could save someone’s life. Read Lianne Kowiak’s story.

If it’s not an emergency, most colleges and universities have multiple ways to report hazing. Each school is different, but these may include:

  • The Student Affairs Office (a.k.a. Dean of Students, Student Life, etc.)
  • Campus Security or University Police
  • College President’s Office
  • Student Health

Other ways to report hazing

  • Contact local law enforcement. Hazing is a crime in many states. Even in states that do not have a specific law prohibiting hazing, many components of hazing (assault, etc.) are crimes.
  • Call the anti-hazing hotline or use the form below for anonymous reporting.

Anyone concerned about hazing can report it by calling the Anti-Hazing Hotline:
(888) 668-4293 OR (888) NOT-HAZE

About the Anti-Hazing Hotline

The Anti-Hazing Hotline accepts anonymous hazing reports from anyone. The hotline was established in 2007 by a consortium of national fraternities and sororities. It is currently sponsored by 47 national and international Greek organizations.

The Hotline provides an anonymous telephone line for anyone to report a suspected or recent hazing incident to one number 1-888-NOT-HAZE (1-888-668-4293) that accepts calls 24 hours a day. The Hotline connects to a dedicated voice mailbox at Manley Burke, LPA. The calls are automatically saved as audio files, which are transmitted by e-mail to the headquarters of the fraternity or sorority named in the report.

This is true whether or not the reports are about one of the sponsors or another organization. In some instances, reports are about athletic teams, bands, or clubs. When those calls are received, the institution where the organization is located is contacted.

In addition to the toll-free telephone number, reports may be online via this form. Just as with the phone calls, all messages are directed to Manley Burke, LPA. The reports are then forwarded to the national organization named in the report. To report known or suspected hazing, click here. Please clearly identify the organization and university that you are reporting.

Report online through Anti-Hazing Hotline