Hazing Prevention Network
Hazing Prevention Network is a nonprofit dedicated to empowering people to prevent hazing. Our goal is to educate people about the dangers of hazing, advocate for change, and engage the community in strategies to prevent hazing. We are a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Top fundraisers will be recognized!
You can make a difference
You can make a difference for hazing prevention by using National Hazing Prevention Week to fundraise for Hazing Prevention Network in support of the mission to empower people to prevent hazing.
- Make a donation
- Join/Create a team and fundraise
- Host a fundraising event or table
Fundraise for Hazing Prevention
It is easy to set up a team in the NHPW peer-to-peer fundraising platform. Once you have a team, encourage your teammates, club members, chapter brothers/sisters, friends, members, alumni to make a donation in support of your team. Top fundraising teams will be recognized after NHPW.
Team names should identify your team or organization and school so that donors can clearly see who they are supporting. (Inappropriate team names will be removed.)
To create a team:
- Go to givebutter.com/2023NHPW
- Click the “Join a Team” or “Fundraise” button below the main graphic
- Complete the information to register yourself
- Select “Join an existing team” or “Create your own team” and complete the requested information
- Start fundraising!
Donors can give using:
- Credit Card
- Apple Pay
Hazing trouble registering or setting up a team? Email Todd Shelton.
Need fundraiser ideas?
- Tabling: Set up a table with a theme such as “Donut Haze”, “Let’s Taco ‘Bout Hazing”, “These Hands Don’t Haze” – Collection donations and display paper donuts/tacos/hands with your donors names)
- Organize a Charity Walk or Run: Plan a fun walkathon or run to raise funds for hazing prevention. Participants can register and collect pledges from friends, family, and fellow students.
- Host a Bake Sale: Bake sales are classic and effective. Gather a group of bakers to contribute homemade treats and sell them at a designated location on campus.
- Themed Dinners or Food Festivals: Organize a food event where you feature a particular cuisine, such as an international food festival or a pizza night. Charge an entrance fee for unlimited tastings.
- Trivia Night: Organize a trivia competition with entry fees for teams. Offer prizes for the winners, and use the entry fees to fundraise.
- Gaming or Esports Tournament: If your campus has a gaming or esports community, organize a gaming tournament with entry fees and prizes.
- GET CREATIVE: Create your own fundraising idea – just keep it safe and supportive of hazing prevention.
Have questions about fundraising ideas? Email Todd Shelton, HPN Executive Director.
REMEMBER & SHARE:
Hazing Prevention Network is is a nonprofit dedicated to empowering people to prevent hazing. Our goal is to educate people about the dangers of hazing, advocate for change, and engage the community in strategies to prevent hazing. We are a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Scan to Donate
Are you tabling our doing another in-person fundraiser? Print this flyer to make it easy for people to scan the QR Code from their phone to donate.
Text to Donate
Super simple…just get people to text “hazing” to 53555 to give them the opportunity to make a donation.
Alpha Delta Pi members tabling at Gettysburg College
University of Arkansas students during Hazing Prevention Week